Saturday, March 5, 2011

Youtube's Recommended Channels: WTF?



RussiaToday, Old Spice and Alex Jones? Really guys? Anyone else keep seeing these same channels being recommended? I can't think of one reason why anyone would be interested in an Old Spice deodorant Youtube channel. I've been seeing this one for months actually. Either Old Spice paid Youtube some big money to be prominently displayed as a recommended channel, or Youtube is trying to tell me something about my personal hygiene.

And Russia Today....at the bottom it says these recommendations are based on my watch history, shared videos, and other channel subscriptions. I can't think of anything I've been watching lately that has anything remotely to do with Russia, though perhaps I could use one of those Russian mail order brides. Alex Jones, I'm crazy enough as it is I don't need any more help, thanks.

1 comment:

  1. My list changes every now and then, but I don't really pay much attention to it.

    ReplyDelete